Thursday, April 22, 2010

2010 NFL draft week

Hey everyone!

Sorry it has been such a long time since my last blog. Ive dedicated this past month to rehab and training. Everything has been coming along great. I was medically cleared by Dr. Warren King 3 weeks ago and since then my training has picked up where I have left off. I have also been able to spend a lot of time with my family and friends who have helped me stay positive and patient throughout this process. Their love, motivation, and support has been quite the blessing that I've needed. The Seattle Seahawks have also been in contact with me this week. Prayers have been answered. A special thank you to the Coury family and Pastor Gerry Brown and his wife Peggy. I'm back and ready for the next opportunity. Take a look at a couple videos pre-draft videos I've made. (1) and (2)

Today is the start of the 2010 NFL draft. A very exciting time for many players and their families. Lives will be changed forever within these next 3-4 days. I look back at my experiences during the 2007 NFL draft and cant believe it has been 3 years! The last day of the 2007 draft was a day I will never forget. I was at at team BBQ with several of my teammates and coaches from WWU when I received the phone call from the Seattle Seahawks. It was a blessing to be able to share that day with all of them and to be able to call all of my family and friends back home to share the great news! Here is the link to the article from the WWU Athletics.

People ask if I will be drafted. The answer is no. The draft process is only for those college seniors or underclassmen. Now, following the draft is when teams fill the remaining roster spots with free agent players like myself. This is the first year that the NFL has spread the draft out into 3 days. Today 4/22 will be the 1st round, tomorrow 4/23 will be the 2nd and 3rd round and Saturday 4/24 will be the remaining 4th through 7th rounds. Here is the NFL draft schedule.

I would like to give my very good friend Junior Aumavae a shout out. Junior aka June is draft eligible this year and is a highly touted defensive tackle. Junior and I played at WWU together for two years and have shared many great memories together both on and off the field. When WWU had their football program stripped from them, he found himself at Minnesota State-Mankato. This past season he was an all-league selection as well as voted the newcomer of the league. June impressed many NFL scouts throughout his collegiate career and at his pro day earlier this year at the University of Minnesota. This week he has been receiving a lot of attention from teams so be ready to hear his name called on Saturday, if not he will quickly be signed! It is an exciting time for him and his family and Im very proud of him. What a day it will be if 2 Vikings get signed to the NFL on the same day. We may have to call WWU's president Bruce Shepard, who cut the football program last year, and get his opinion on the news! Good luck Big June, much love bro! Here are a couple photos of June and I.
Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3

Thank you all for your love, support and motivation. It means a lot and I am looking forward to posting a new blog shortly with great news. PPPPP

GODbless
PSALM 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment