Thursday, April 29, 2010

GOD works in amazing ways! Re-sign with Seattle and another WWU Vik signed.

Good morning!

As the saying goes, "God works in mysterious ways," this has been the case this week. As I mentioned in the last blog, the Seahawks contacted me during the draft last weekend and offered a spot in this weekends 3 day mini camp. I accepted the invite and began preparing for my trip back up to Seattle. On Monday morning coach Joe Marciano of the Houston Texans called and wanted to fly me out the next day for a tryout. I hopped on a plane early Tuesday morning in route for Houston.

The opportunity with Houston was tremendous. They currently have no long snappers on roster and are really looking for someone. I was very excited for the opportunity. On my way to Houston, I received a call from Seattle, it was my coach checking in on me. In the mean time my agent, Dave Canter, was updating Seattle with my workout with Houston.

I touched down in Houston after a long day of traveling. Houston really reminded me of Orlando, flat, marshy trees, and humidity. I got to the hotel, checked in, relaxed and headed to grab some dinner. Before I could enjoy the much needed meal, my agent was calling me. The Seahawks wanted to re-sign me right then and there. At this point my mind was on a roller coaster, I had just gotten pumped up for the mornings workout with the Texans and now I had to shift and make a decision. It wasn't a hard one to make. I was in Houston for no more than 3 hours before I became a Seattle Seahawk again. I was truly blessed and couldn't believe what had just taken place. I went back into the restaurant and enjoyed the meal with a smile.

Early the next morning I boarded a plane back home to the bay area. Last night I packed up some bags and now leave for Seattle this afternoon. What a couple days it has been! The 3 day mini camp begins Friday and goes through Sunday. This is a re-start to an amazing journey. I thank all my loving family and friends for their support! I also thank the Lord for blessing me with this opportunity and may I walk in the Lords light this weekend and enjoy every moment of it. God has a plan and I have a my full faith and trust in it. GODbless!

Link to press release

Another former WWU Viking signs with the NFL.

WR Jordyn Jackson of Eastern Oregon signed with the San Diego Chargers. Jackson started his collegiate career at WWU at running back and made the transfer to Eastern Oregon. Congrats to him and his achievements. Good luck Jordyn! Here is the press release.

Junior Aumavae reports to Dallas mini camp today as well. What a week for WWU football, may the program be restored very soon!


The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him. PSALM 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment