Thursday, June 24, 2010

Finished strong!!!

Hey everyone,


Yesterday we wrapped up our 2 day mini camp and the end of our off season program. We have the next 5 weeks off for vacation, family time, traning and just plain relaxing until we report back for training camp on July 30th. We finished with a great mini camp and personally I finished very strong. We also had a family BBQ following practice, so it was nice having a lot of my family there. I love sharing this experience with them. It is truly a blessing! Below are some photos from yesterdays mini camp and family BBQ.




The past few months have been great. We have made tremendous progress in the weight room and out on the field. A lot of emphasis was put on making this the best off season ever and I believe we accomplished that. Everytime we stepped into the weight room or out onto the field, we tapped "I'm in." When you tap in, you are expected to give it your all. Above every door in our facility is the "I'm in!" board. It is a constant reminder of what we need to do.


We do have the next 5 weeks off which is not a lot of time compared to many other teams in the NFL. With the arrival of new head coach, Pete Carroll, we are given more time in the off season to work. We took advantage of that time and had our OTA's and 3 mini camp sessions. With our time off the hard work continues and our strength coach, Chris Carlisle, put together a great off season program for us while we are gone. We are expected to come into training camp in great shape and ready to hit the ground running!

I am ready to work hard this summer!!! I am ready to prepare to have a great training camp and pre season!!! and I am ready to make this team!!!

Tracy NFL meet and greet.

As I mentioned in the last post, I am working on a community event in my home town of Tracy, CA. I will be hosting a meet and greet at Tracy high school on July 24th. When more finalized information becomes available I will be sure to inform everyone! If you have an interest in helping out with this event or even become a sponsor please get in touch with me.

Thank you all once again for your love, motivation and support through everything. It is such a blessing and honor to be out here working towards my dream. It truly means a lot to have all of the support. Look forward to seeing all my family and friends back home soon.

GODbless,

Matt Overton #48





No comments:

Post a Comment